Subject: [Leica] Re: M4-P/M6 (was: M camera parts)
From: pmjensen <pmjensen@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 01 13:56:08 -0700

> What does an M4-P offer that a battery-less M6 doesn't?

I haven't owned an M4-P in twenty years so I may very well be wrong here
but two differences do spring to mind (in memory).

1) The M4-P has no meter activation built into the shutter release,
making it quicker or more sensitive than the M6. Better for street
shooting and journalism.

2) The M4-P has four complete framelines rather than the short brackets
marking the bottom edge on the M6. Benefit there should be self-evident.
BTW, I've noticed that the brackets on the TTL are even shorter than the
Classic, and the framelines seem lighter or thinner or in some way less
substantial. I don't own a TTL so I can't compare right now. IMO that's a
trend in the wrong direction (but who cares?).

- ---Peter