Subject: Re: [Leica] Czech Beer
From: "rusty hubbard" <rustyhubbard@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:35:33 +0000

I'm sitting at work in Prague,looking through the LUG e-mail,and I see
Czechvar!! Well,someone said something about cheap....in some of the pubs in
my neighborhood of Zizkov,Budvar is 16 Czech Crowns for a half liter of the
weak stuff and 20 Kc for the stronger stuff. (about 40 or 50 cents) 37kc=$1.
Pilsner in the bottle sometimes tastes like sewer water even here. The green
bottle is to blame as it lets more light in to foul the beer. All the other
Czech breweries (except Staropramen) use brown bottles. If you go to the
store,beer in the bottle is even cheaper. I have to say Staropramen and
Bernard are my faves.Cheers..I'm on my way to the pub now.
Rusty Hubbard
<http://www.photo.net/users/rustyhub>
"Walking Through Prague"