Subject: Re: [Leica] M camera parts now a long rant.
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:42:48 -0700

>One of these days, if we're lucky, Leica will realize that producing
>less expensive entry body could serve to introduce more people to the
>joys of rangefinder photography, get them under the Leica tent - instead
>of under the Cosina tent - and then step them up.

Maybe Leica should make a entry line that uses screwmount lenses, like
the BESSA-R.
The glass could be a generation behind the M series, basicly on the same
level
of the Cosina stuff. The pros and well heeled amateurs would probaly
still buy the
M line and if they sold tons of the screwmount cameras they would make
up for
canibalized sales from the M line.

feli

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999