Subject: [Leica] A Leica Moment
From: Howard Cummer <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:07:47 +0800

I was walking with my wife today through the Hong Kong Botanical Gardens
and came upon two old Chinese Gentleman with a younger man assisting. They
were using Leica SLs, one with a 180 lens and the other with his camera on
a tripod - a set up with a Leitz two rail bellows and about a 400 mm lens
(something I'm sure Doug Herr or Marc Small would have recognized in a
moment) to take pictures of the flamingos clustered near the fence of their
enclosure. I said hello to the man with the SL and the 180, said that I too
used Leica and had been shooting the birds a few weeks ago with my 180f3.4
APO. He smiled but said little. The other photographer had his eye glued to
his SL with the bellows attached and didn't want to be interrupted so we
wandered off. From my experience with my 180 the fellow with the 400 will
get the more dramatic pictures. It was a Leica moment. :)
Howard.

Replies: Reply from ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] A Leica Moment)