Subject: [Leica] Re: Swiss wine (was: Nathan's PAW 41 and 42)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:48:08 +0200

Hi Jan,

I am sorry but this is my assessment based on my experience so far. My wife
and I are both fairly serious wine drinkers, and we were thrilled to discover
the vineyards when we arrived here last year. But so far all the local whites
I have tried can at best be described as "pleasant but overpriced" and the
reds are hardly worthy of the name wine. I am a bit puzzled by this, since the
conditions appear excellent here on the Gold Coast of Lake Zurich: moderate
rainfall, plenty of sun, nice steep slopes etc. Perhaps the terroir is not
good, or maybe the farmers are not planting the right grapes, but certainly
the wines cannot hold a candle to the magnificent wines from, say, Alsace or
the Mosel valley in Germany.

If you have information to prove me wrong, I would be very happy.

Nathan