Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor/Battery
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:03:04 -0600

All the current electronic cameras will run themselves dry if left turned
on. The cure is worse than the disease however. Some cameras power down
after a set period of inactivity; while this saves your battery, it means
the camera is not ready to fire when you hit the shutter release. I have
been caught out by this "feature" too many times. I prefer having to
remember to turn my camera off rather than having to remember to turn it on
every couple of minutes or so.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] R8 Motor/Battery)
Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] R8 Motor/Battery)