Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Motor/Battery
From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:21:48 -0400

The main reason that I put this post up to start with is that I have always
let this and my R7 turned on all of the time.
Almost never shut them off. Well the R7 I never have any problems with
unless there is some pressure on the quick
release shutter button,  then some drain but it has never let me down. The
R8 the same thing, never any problem. Charge
usually lasting at least three  months unless shooting heavy. I rarely turn
the camera of it ever. So when I was down to
one light I thought it time for a recharge. Was I ever surprised when the
next am the battery was fully dead. Not in a camera
bag sitting out on the bench with the rest of the gear for the next days
shoot. Well I had the same thing happen with the back-up
battery then next night, but caught it with one light to go. Not sure what
is happening-must be one of those gremlin things as the
problem now seems to have gone away. Go figure- long live the manual
Cheers Wilber