Subject: Re: [Leica] 0-series question
From: "thomas schofield" <tdschofield@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:54:25 -0700

There is a trick to setting the shutter speeds.  After you have taken a
picture and capped the lens, you advance the film about half way, until the
red dot on the shutter speed dial is next to the index mark.  Only then can
you change the shutter speed or slit-width.  After you have set the desired
spped, you finish winding the film (and uncap the lens) before taking your
next picture.  You can only adjust the shutter speed at this point in the
middle of the film advance action.  Not before advancing, and not after
advancing.

Tom Schofield