Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Tele-Elmarit
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:35:22 -0700

Jim if you check the archives (I hate being rude saying that) i had really bad
luck with mine. Way soft. Real hard to tell when you've got some glazing on
yours in there.

Some rave about theirs.

Its very possible that for that period of time  I think the mid 70's Leica was
not able to make a lens THAT compact successfully.
Which is why their next version, the current Elmarit weighed almost twice as
much and was almost twice bigger.
	But i think performed twice as well and become a classic.

I'd love to see them have another go at a compact short tele, maybe even a 75
like the Cosina I'm never going to get.

But I'd not wish a Tele Elmarit on my worst enemy.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/