Subject: [Leica] RE: Tele-Elmarit
From: "Gumm, Jim" <Jim.Gumm@okdhs.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:16:19 -0500

I have decided that I am interested in obtaining a Tele-Elmarit.
Help! Which versions out there should I consider? There is a 'fat' version
so I've heard. Which versions come in chrome? Is this lens have the Leica
quality image? I've also heard to watch out for a rear group problem.
BTW, John Van Stelton took my 50 chrome rigid Summicron and recoated the
front element and cleaned it all up. This included a new detent spring and
ball for the aperture ring. His price is right. The lens is gorgeous again.
Now I have 2 50's the Noct and this Summicron. I love it. A 90 Tele-Elmarit
would give me 2 lens outfits with wide/normal/tele combinations. Next, Focal
Point is going to re-cement the 2 elements in the rear group of my early
E-41 35 Summilux.
BTW, the Leica Photography ad in a 1950' s magazine says 848 parts in a M3
Leica.
I've also received my 1.25 mag. eyepiece and I have to say, "I'm impressed."
Very quality piece of manufacturing. A nice case and removeable chain to
hold and store the eyepiece. It is very short, maybe not quite a half an
inch. With glasses, I can just see the 50 framelines on my .72 M4. It will
see a lot of use.
Thanks in advance for the usual quality responses.
Jimbo

Replies: Reply from John S Payne <jpphoto@hci.net> ([Leica] Harrison McClary)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Tele-Elmarit)