Subject: Re: [Leica] New R ASPH lens
From: "Olivier T. Nguyen" <onguyen@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:47:02 -0400

I don't know and don't understand why Leica do not come out with a good zoom
lens like other brand like N and C .  there are a few zoom lens but it is
very limited such as 35-70 f2.8 (as i correctly remember), 70-180mm f2.8.  I
wish that leica can have a lens like this 17-50mm f2 or f2.8 , 17-35mm f2 or
f2.8 , 20-120mm f2/f2.8, 20-70mm f2/f2.8.    this would be a dream come true
for me to buy those lens.  for N and C brand, they offer those lens and the
price also over $1k range.  N has 17-35mm f2.8 and the price is $1500.  if
leica have 17-35mm f2.8 for $2k or 3k, I would sacrify my wallet for it.
sorry i talk too much of junk here.

I totally agree with other two posts in here that with aperture 3.4, the
lens is very very slow even for landscape.
Olivier