Subject: Re: [Leica] Curiosity on Magnum
From: walt@unt.edu
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:18:39 -0500 (CDT)

Quoting "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>:

 How do those Magnum photographers see, and then capture, all those
> great
> images?

Great point, B.D.
I'm sure that ALL camera types and brands are represented by
"Magnum" folks.  They use what they have to to get the the job
done.

I'd LOVE to walk around with a Leica all the time, for a job.
However, my "real" work, such that it is, requires an SLR,
medium format (mamiya--YUCK) or 4x5 (movements for plane of
focus control) This gear is used for things so miserably boring most
of you would put a bullet through your own heads.
Feeds my pitiful little family, tho....

When I go out on the weekend, however, with my Leicas and
my funny hat, I >>>AM<<< a magnum photographer!!!!!!!
Or sometimes Gene Smith...

(at least in my own mind....)

Walt

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Curiosity on Magnum)