Subject: Re: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:41:59 -0700

Wouldn't it be nice if Leica produced the 50 Anastigmat lens in an
RF-coupled collapsible LTM mount?  One could put it on a IIIc, f or g and
have a pocketable camera with a great (if slow) modern lens that looked a
lot like the 50/3.5 Elmar.   A well-running screw-mount Leica is still a
fine picture-taking machine, especially with a bright-line finder in the
accessory shoe.  Not as fast as an M6, but potentially more accurate focus.
And HCB, Eisie & Co. captured quite a few decisive moments with Barnack
cameras.

Putting that lens on my IIIf would be quite enough nostalgia for me.  As
for the "O" camera, I'd say the trick is to have a friend who bought it and
would let you try it for a week.  Sort of like having a friend who owns a boat!

Yes, there are plenty of used 50 Elmars out there, but the reports say the
Anastigmat is much better.

- --Peter "Dammit, Jim, I'm a photographer, not a collector!" Klein
Seattle, WA

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0)