Subject: [Leica] Win XP
From: "Bill" <bnelsch@qwest.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:50:06 -0600

Hi gang,

Not to start any platform wars or to cast disparaging remarks about
operating systems, but I strongly caution you to check first whether your
existing computer equipment will support the WinXP system.  I found out the
hard way that many of the HP Pavilion Desktop computers will not run XP.
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/personal_computing/support_doc/bph06720.html
This then leads to a problem with the store clerks insisting that opened
software cannot be returned.  $100 for software that doesn't work just
doesn't cut it.  FWIW.

Bill in Denver

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Win XP)
Reply from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Win XP-Don't rush out for Windows XP)