Subject: [Leica] Leica is unique!
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 07:51:35 -0700

Hey all,

I've taken a much welcomed hiatus from the world of telecommunications
(thus the change in my e-mail address) and disappearance from the LUG for a
time. Been spending much time behind the shutter.

While assisting in various projects (primarily video production)  I've had
a chance to work with several other still photographers. We've spent quite
a bit of time over the light table, and I've observed something very
interesting. At first it was, "Wow, these are nice images." Then, "what
kind of camera are you using?"  "Oh, Leica!"

None of the other photographers use Leica. I finally let one guy try out my
R7. He's hooked! (He was given fair warning).  He's recovering from sticker
shock wondering how to proceed.

It's difficult for me to be objective about this stuff, because I've been a
Leica nut for many years (M first and R more recently). But I really get a
kick when other people see the difference.

BTW, I've been using a 50/2 Summicron R for about 90 percent of my shots;
landscapes, portraits, close-ups, abstracts (textures for backgrounds in
editing). The versatility of a 50mm lens is just amazing. Also, programs
like After Effects, Premiere, FCP, are just as incredible to work with as
is Photoshop. And viewing images on a nice AV system is fantastic, though
I'm not yet ready to toss the Ektagraphic. Every medium has it's place

Dave

Replies: Reply from David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica is unique!)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica is unique!)
Message from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> ([Leica] Aperture....)