Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica is unique!
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:35:19 -0700

David Rogers wrote:
>>> While assisting in various projects (primarily video production)  I've
had
> a chance to work with several other still photographers. We've spent quite
> a bit of time over the light table, and I've observed something very
> interesting. At first it was, "Wow, these are nice images." Then, "what
> kind of camera are you using?"  "Oh, Leica!"
>
> None of the other photographers use Leica. <<<<<<

Hi David,
When one is looking at slides on a dozen light tables of 4 ft X 8 ft size
with hundreds of slides from a half dozen shooters all working on the same
project and the director walks around picking out the Leica images and
claims....

"Well someone around here is going to have to make a change... either you
guys not using Leica like Ted get Leica's! Or Ted... you gotta go Canon or
Nikon so we can have a better match of images!"

Everyone moaned but me, as I wasn't going to change for nobody and they all
knew it! ;-) Including the director, as he preferred the Leica look and I
inevitably had more images in the multi projector, 32 projectors at times,
presentations.

However, it's a time like this with hundreds of slides on a light table from
various manufacturers lenses for comparison that one can appreciate what
Leica glass does.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant