Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: Phil Marcus <pmarcus@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:36:25 -0500

In very low light color negative film provides a lower contrast, and usually
stronger, image.  Remember, candlelight has a very  low color temperature;
it requires more exposure than measured to get a good negative.  Anyway,
don't expect much shadow detail;  at film speeds like 3200, the speed of the
film is nominal - there really is no way of measuring a threshold over base
+ fog because there isn't anything in the lower zones anyway (the shadows go
black).