Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meter problem
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:27:12 -0800

Jason Vicinanza wrote:

>>I have a problem with the light meter on my M6TTL. Maybe someone can help?
Sometimes upon pressing the shutter button the light meter does not come on
> at all, sometimes the left and right indicators come on and sometimes one
or
> other of the indicators come on. Basically it seems that for some reason
the
> meter is just messed up. I have used a new battery, no change.<<<<

Hi Jason,
Is this not the result of the meter reading the scene and the lights
re-acting accordingly in relation to the exposure/aperture settings?

If you have your instruction manual handy I'd be checking to see if you may
be mistaken in the malfunctioning of the camera or meter system. I'm not
saying you haven't read it through, however one must ask; is this a recent
meter happening or has the camera been functioning in this manner since you
acquired it?

But your observation sounds like the camera is working quite normally, but
you're not understanding what is happening inrelation to adjusting the
shutter speed dial or aperture ring to have the correct exposure and lights
come on indicating it's OK to shoot.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant