Subject: Re: [Leica] Is it deserving on sending Minox GT-E to Wetzlar for repair?
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:32:47 -0700

This is a common problem with Minox 35 cameras and it seems to be related
to the electrical contacts that the lens/shutter makes when it's extended.
A good cleaning should set things right and it's possible to do this
yourself, but it requires a fair bit of disassembly and only recommended if
you are accustomed to dealing with tiny precision devices. The basic design
is pretty straightforward.

The Minox and Rollei 35 cameras are very good performers considering their
size and much cheaper than some of the newer high end point and shoot
cameras.

Jeff S