Subject: Re: [Leica] Was Nathan's Oktoberfest; now Doppelganger!
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:02:23 -0800

Nathan Wajsman  wrote:
> Last week I realized one of my life's long-standing ambitions, to visit
> Oktoberfest in Munich and drink the golden brew from 1-liter mugsSo, here
is a selection of my photographs from last Monday night. All taken with the
Leica M6 and 35mm or 50mm Summilux lenses; the color pictures on Fuji Provia
400F and the black & white ones on Ilford Delta 400.

> Main picture shows a couple of happy guys in a beer hall:
> http://www.wajsman.com/40.jpg
>
> And the alternate pictures depict various scenes, as follows:
>      Alternate 1: People sang...
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt1.jpg
>      Alternate 2: and danced.
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt2.jpg
>      Alternate 3: They were friendly...
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt3.jpg
>      Alternate 4: Very friendly!
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt4.jpg
>      Alternate 5: But behind the scenes people worked hard...
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt5.jpg
>      Alternate 6: especially the waitresses, one of whom takes a
> deserved break...
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt6.jpg
>      Alternate 7: and the cooks...
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt7.jpg
>      Alternate 8: and even the musicians.
> http://www.wajsman.com/40alt8.jpg<<<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
Your Oktoberfest pictures are wonderful in capturing the tone of life and
living in Munchen while the Oktoberfest is on. The people have such a
wonderful laisse-faire attitude it's exciting to be around them with very
interesting picture possibilities every where.

They exhibit no inhibitions while having a wonderful time being completely
oblivious of the camera. Of the many locations in the world I've shot
assignments, Munich and the Oktoberfest always rank in the top 5 for
excitement, fun and wonderful picture possibilities without any hassles from
visitors or locals.

One thing while shooting with Leica's were the many folks who made comments
on the camera and that my pictures would be the very best because of it! ;-)
And certainly they were right! ;-)

Although I think the effects of a few liters of the golden elixir also had
something to do with the results when it washed away my inhibitions of
taking pictures of total strangers in a foreign country. :-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Was Nathan's Oktoberfest; now Doppelganger!)