Subject: [Leica] Is this a reasonable price for late model 50/1.4 Summilux-M?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:36:02 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I mentioned yesterday that I'd just got an M6TTL + 3E + 90 Elmarit.
Today, the dealer told me he had a used 50mm Summilux-M for sale, at
US$650. It's not the current model because it has a separate lens hood
but he says he's checked it out and it's in good condition. A 50mm
Summilux would appeal to me as a low-light alternative lens, the 3E
being a bit slow for such applications, so I told him I'd call in to
see it in the next day or so. Assuming he's right about the condition,
does $650 seem a fair price? I can't find any comparative prices for
this lens on the Internet sites that I know of. TIA for any advice.

Regards,