Subject: [Leica] Is M6TTL selective metering really 2/3 of the short side of the frame?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:46:15 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I am confused by Leica's statement, in my M6 TTL manual, that the
diameter of the selective metering area is 2/3 the length of the short
side of the frame. Since the white spot on the first curtain is 12mm
diameter and the short side of the frame is 24mm, how can it be 2/3?
Seems more like 1/2 to me. Am I right or am I just dumb? (Leica also
says the selective area is 13% of the frame area, with which I agree).

Regards,

=====
Ray