Subject: [Leica] Sunrise Moonrise Halloween
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:42:30 -0800

Tomorrow is my favorite holiday, Halloween.
The sun comes up at 6:49 -
and the moon is full a minute later @ 6:50!

But i was not able to figure out when the moon will rise and set tomorrow. I'll
probably never see it as it will be overcast.

Traditionally anywere I've ever lived it rains like crazy on Halloween. This
will probably happen tomorrow as it is forecast, it is the rainy season here in portland.

Halloween is my favorite holiday because it is my strong theory that on this
occasion everyone dresses up as themselves! This makes it quite a revealing
occasion and picturesque. And no one dukes you out when you take their picture
either. What do they care? They are not them!!!!?

As far as i go the other 364 days of the year people are wearing "costumes."

But I've never worn a costume since i was 2 feet tall. My excuse has been I'm
intensely working. Shooting. I've thought about going as Weegee with a cigar but
have had trouble getting a flash for my speed graphic.

But I'm going as Pierrot the Photographer 1854-55 by Nadar.
http://www.masters-of-photography.com/N/nadar/nadar_pierrot_full.html
I had the costume made and put great effort into the details.
Underwear though i don't know about! Fruit of the Clair de lune!

Although this year my camera that i will use not be as authentic as it will be
next year. This year it will appear to be a generic looking black (black taped)
view camera. Next year a very old woody as in the picture.

I AM going to put some film in the camera. (4x5 sheetfilm) Maybe i'll get some
shots myself.

I hope you get this message! I got a few lug messages mid afternoon. All backed
up from the day before... and not in the last few hours.
Majordomo must be busy!

Or I'm not inline with the combine!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon