Subject: Re: [Leica] Ready to take the R plunge
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:14:18 -0800

Simon Lamb wrote:

> I am about to make a leap into Leica SLR territory with a swap out of
> Hasselblad territory (as I hardly use the Hassy and it is gathering dust).
>
> I have selected the following as my initial kit and would welcome
> ideas/comments as to whether there are better options or alternatives to
> consider.  The decision is to add SLR capabilities with zoom functions to my
> prime lens M6 set-up.  The R kit is as follows:
>
> R8
> Motor Drive R8 (want this for the bracketing capability and the vertical
> release/grip)
> 35-70mm
> 80-200mm
><Snip>

I'd think hard about the 180 2.8 over the 80-200mm zoom.
That's what I'd do i think.
180 2.8 would rule the universe. The 80-200mm zoom just closer in galaxies.
	And the crab nebula.

Mark Rabiner
And yes I'd got the new 50 over that zoom.
I think the Leica is all about supreme take no prisoners quality.
Zooms for me are a lot of glass making for a slow dark compromise.

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> ([Leica] Ready to take the R plunge)