Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V21 #66
From: urizen@telocity.com
Date: 31 Oct 2001 14:37:04 -0800

My issues with KEH had nothing to do with "two parties with no
common language."  I'm well aware that one shouldn't expect new merchandise when buying used, but I sure as hell expect it to be *as described* and the *right item*.  I don't think that's too much to ask.

1.  A Canon VT body with slow speeds that didn't work.  I specifically ordered the one that *didn't* say "slow speeds inop," and per the tag on the body's wrapping, that's what I got.  The more expensive one.  Slow speeds didn't work anyhow.

2.  A misidentified Nikon focusing screen.  C'mon, people, F4 screens *say* "F4" right on the frame.  What did I get?  an FE/FM screen (they don't even *have* a frame).  An obvious brain-fart on their part, and I still got stuck for postage.

Prior to these I'd been a satisfied customer.  Oh, well, /sic transit gloria mundi/.

- --
CLB