Subject: [Leica] Re: Is this a reasonable price for late model 50/1.4 Summilux-M?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:20:28 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

Many thanks for the informative replies I've received to this question.
This list is great! The consensus of opinion was that the price of
US$650 was good and, accordingly, I have now visited the store and
bought the lens. It is a black anodised lens, serial no. 2629*** (which
means it was made in 1973 or later). It is in excellent condition and
appears to work properly with my camera, i.e. it aligns with the
rangefinder, selects the correct (50 & 75) framelines and gives the
meter readings one would expect. It has no sign of fungus, marks or
scratches on the glass; the body is clean and free from dents, showing
only minor signs of wear; the screws do not appear to have been
tampered with and it includes a separate slotted shade plus front &
rear caps.

Regards,

=====
Ray