Subject: Re: [Leica] Photodo ratings for 35mm Summilux -MASPH and 50mm Summilux-M
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:45:12 -0800 (PST)

Ted Grant wrote:

Ray old buddy,
I'd not give this testing nonsense an eye lash width of attention
simply because these people are all bench testy touchy people who don't
read the remarks of  users on the streets like many here on the LEG or
LUG, nor the many hundreds of others who take real time pictures with
the lens used in both an amateur and professional capacity day to day.
<snip>
This testing BS has never been of any interest to me at any time in my
career, as my parameters have always been simple, aperture, the fastest
possible, how close it'll focus and that it stays together while being
used by a professional photographer in the many venues of life on a day
to day basis.

The rest is merely poppy cock BS ! Of course this is one of my usual
candid opinions offered freely about the techie number stuff! ;-)
ted
Ted,

Thanks, you have confirmed my suspicions about the testers. Now I'm
going to follow the advice commonly given to people who like to raid
art galleries: I'm going out to take some pictures! ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray