Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 28/1.9
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:52:17 +0800

G. Michael Paine wrote:
>Has anyone experience with the Voigtlander 28/1.9? I am considering
>it as my first wide lens.

At a fraction of the price that you pay compared to the 28 summicron asph,
it is good value for money. The shots are sharp and the lens is easy to
use. However, for one used to leica glass, I can tell from eyeballing the
pics that come out of the V 28/1.9 that is is just not leica in character.
I suppose most people will not mind the difference, never mind the hoos and
hahs.

Bottom line is... money being not a factor, it's a difficult decision to
choose between the V and the L but I'll err towards the Leica glass.

Dan K.

Replies: Reply from "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander 28/1.9)