Subject: Re: [Leica] Photodo ratings for 35mm Summilux -MASPH and 50mm Summilux-M
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:13:58 -0500

Ted may be going a ted, er, tad too far. Certainly scientifically
accurate formal testing has its uses and can tell us things about the
technical properties of lenses. There is, however, no question that what
matters in the end are the results obtained when using the lens.

That said, there is something really bizarre about any testing system
that has the 50 1.4 Summilux coming out a head of the 35 Summilux ASPH.
For that matter, there is something questionable about testing that has
any 35 mm 35 1.4 that I've heard of coming out ahead of that lens - and
PhotoDo puts the old Nikon AIS manual focus 35 1.4 - a very good lens -
one point ahead of the M 35 Summilux ASPH.  Something is wrong with the
testing.

B. D.