Subject: [Leica] Filters for R lens 60mm
From: David Prakel <dgp@btconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 08:31:26 +0000

Before anybody say anything about _filters_ I'm _not_ talking UV here.

I'm an R8/R4 user with 100 Macro, 35-70 f4 and 24mm R lenses taking E60
filters and 60 Macro and 180 f4 taking the same filters with a neat 55 to 60
step up ring from Heliopan. I use Circ-Pol, Red 25 and Yel-Green Heliopan
filters. Why oh why did I settle on 60mm filters.

I will be teaching a class on colour correction next spring and rather than
buy to special order a fortune's worth of Heliopan 60mm filters I thought
I'd use something cheaper like the Cokin system to generate my teaching
material.

Does anyone out there know or use the Cokin P system with R lenses -
especially 60mm threaded lenses as I can get no sensible reply from the
Cokin distributor (who insists I need a Hassleblad bayonet). Suggestions for
filters more than welcome.

- --
David G Prakel

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Filters for R lens 60mm)