Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "Mārtiņš Zelmenis" <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:49:38 +0200

OK, might be so - I'm not much of a scan peson myself.

;-)

Martin

On Sat, 03 November 2001, Martins Zelmenis wrote:

> BTW - for one I'm sure - no one can tell the Leica difference in scans -
> monitor resolution is too low.
>
> Martin

I'm not sure if anyone can tell the difference on a monitor but I can tell
the difference with good scans.  The scans of photos made with Leica glass
have more shadow and highlight detail and allow me to get smoother tonal
gradations in my prints.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com