Subject: [Leica] Has anyone ever tried to use a Leica screwmount lens on a Russian camera body?
From: "Wang, Albert" <Albert.Wang@ibx.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:51:05 -0500

Hi Leicaphiles,

Has anyone here tried to use a Leica screwmount lens on a Russian camera
body in my case a FED 3 which is a workhorse for me. How did the pictures
turn out. I bet that the optics were probably on point, a little artistic
and soft which gives it the Leica look of course.

I'm probably going to be run myself to getting a Summar lens and screwing it
onto my FED 3 and see how things turn out :) After all, there's nothing
which beats out experience and understanding than to photograph with those
good old screw mounts...

By the way, does anyone here have a preference for which screw mount Leica
lenses to get first? Do the Hektor lens fall short? I want to check out
those 1930's lens to see whether or not I can get an old school look to my
photographs :)

sincerely,
Alfie

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.

If you have received this communication in error, please do not distribute
it.  Please notify the sender by E-Mail at the address shown and delete the
original message.  Thank you for your compliance.

Replies: Reply from Martins Zelmenis <martin@lrpv.lv> (Re: [Leica] Has anyone ever tried to use a Leica screwmount lens on a Russian camera body?)