Subject: Re: [Leica] Has anyone ever tried to use a Leica screwmount lens on a Russian camera body?
From: Martins Zelmenis <martin@lrpv.lv>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 11:16:34 +0200

I remember using an Elmar 3.5/50 on some Russian camera, but somehow it
didn't impress me. (Maybe the Elmar needed to be CLAed.) I have a different
experience - using Russar 5.6/20 wideangle on LII and III - that particular
lens was good, and I still have got nice, printable negs from this
combination.

Martin