Subject: Re: [Leica] Preferred older lenes?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:10:15 -0500

Don-
Right on! Sota.... The Summar is actually a bit older thatn the 50's, and I
can't remember seeing it on anything later than the IIIb, but I am a big fan
of the older glass- if you get Sherry or John Van Stelten to clean 'em up,
you will usually be pleasantly surprised at how well they do, and for the
budget minded, that ain't bad!
The 50 Elmar is one of those 'mature' designs that has been around since
Noah got off the boat, and while it is not 'fast' by Leica standards, it is
great for about 90% of what I do! Doesn't look bad on an M3, either!
Enjoy the light!
Dan