Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 17:43:57 -0500

I hate to mention "The Auction Site That Must Not Be Named" but I have been
able to get several Leitz filters for reasonable amounts (Like a Leitz IR
filter in E39 for only $15!!!) -
I often will buy sets of several if they have the one I need, keep the
particular one I want, and re-sell the rest- Usually the re-sell covers the
cost of the original filters and postage, and I get the one I want
incredibly cheap!
I got all my 36mm filtes for the Elmars and Hektors that way-
Yellow, green , orange and red for B&W, and even another IR for playing
around!!
I have a SL for warming c the cooler color film- or when I shoot before ten
AM

You most likely will not use the filters that much- mustn't degrade your
images, you know, so why pay a bunch?
Just my 2 Obols worth.
Dan ( Filter Dis!) Post