Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar question.
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:40:26 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 05/11/01 16:35:53 Paris, Madrid,
williamhu99@yahoo.com.tw a écrit :

> Hi LUG,
>      I had a chance to try the old version Tri-Elmar lens today. I found
that
>  it is not very easy to change between 28-35-50mm range. But it is an old
>  version Tri-Elmar. I do not know if the new version has improved on this
>  issue. It is a small, good-built lens. And no trouble to bring up the three
>  different frames. I think that the only NOT SO GOOD point is that not
smooth
>  to change between 28-35-50mm.
>
>  William Hu

Hello William . I've owned the old style and now I've got the new one .
Actually the new one is even firmier in terms of focal selection . This
was a week point in the earlier version and I much prefer the new one .
This is a fantastic lens .
But you have to get used to it . It took me a few days playing with it to
get used .
At this time , I have tried hard to see a difference in optical quality
and feel between this lens and it's fixed counterparts , that I own too .
The "only " thing is that in the 28 position , the frame is a little masked
by the lens on the lower right corner . But , again , you easily get used
to this , aiming your Leica in that corner and quikly recomposing .
Hope this helps .

Jo Goodtimes , France