Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc and Jupiter-3 (new findings)
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:14:03 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 02/11/01 10:40:31 Paris, Madrid,
matej.novak@hermes.si a écrit :

> A while ago I have reported that my Jupiter-3 lens would not
>  mount completely on my Leica IIIc. Well in the meantime I have
>  tried it on various cameras (Fed, Zorki and Leica), and on all
>  of them it mounted without problems. Then I decided to check
>  the lens mount on my IIIc (or is it called a flange?). Well after
>  unscrewing it from the camera body, surprise, surprise the lens
>  would screw in without any problems! After further investigation
>  I came to the conclusion that when I tighten the screws on the
>  lens mount (flange?) it bends somehow, preventing my Jupiter-3
>  to screw in completely. I have left the screws a little bit loose
>  and now I'm able to mount the Jupiter-3 to my IIIc.
>
>  Any comments from the group whether this would have some effect
>  on the quality of the photos?
>
>  One more thing, under the lens mount (flange?) there is some
>  kind of a cloth that was thicker in some parts than in the
>  others - this is probably the cause of the whole problem. Is this
>  cloth supposed to be there? And if yes, does anybody know about
>  any guidelines how thin it should be or how it should be applied?
>
>  Cheers,
>  Matej

Those cameras used to have some gaskets under the flange . Maybe yours
was dissassembled and poorly reassembled .
Also check for light leaks and I suggest you put some kind of thread locking
on the small screws ( sugared water is ok for those tiny screws ) .

Jo Goodtimes , France

Replies: Reply from Martins Zelmenis <martin@lrpv.lv> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc and Jupiter-3 (new findings))
Reply from "E. van Ginkel" <E.vGinkel@inter.NL.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc and Jupiter-3 (new findings))