Subject: camera stability, was: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Dreams
From: George Day <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:09:37 -0800

I have a really nice carbon monopod, but I've got to admit that I've never
really been comfortable with those things.  They do make marvelous walking
sticks, though!

One trick that works for me and others:

1)  Attach a quick release plate with a loop (like a Gitzo) or some kind of
insert with a loop attached to the camera.

2)  Get some plastic cord.

3)  Learn to tie a bowline knot.  Tie one at one end; tie the other end of
the cord to the loop now at the bottom of the camera.

4)  Adjust for height accordingly; insert your foot into the loop; pull *up*
on the camera with a reasonable amount of pressure.

5)  Happy snaps!  Really works quite well.  Cheap, too!