Subject: Re: [Leica] Cleaning the LS-2000
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:53:03 -0500

At 03:25 PM 11/6/01 +0200, you wrote:

>Please tell me you haven't moved yours recently. Because then it must be
>dust on the lens, which means it's not my fault! And probably easier to fix.
>Anyone know how to clean a scanner's lens?
>

>Michael

Here are directions from somebody on another list to someone who had
recently dismantled their LS-2000 to clean it:

You may not be happy to hear this, but if you remove the slide adaptor or
strip
film adaptor so that the front of the scanner is open, then turn the
scanner on
and wait until the scan head is very nearly at the end of its travel at the
front of the scanner, then turn it back off, the scan head and leans are
ideally
positioned for careful cleaning with Q-tips and lens fluid. You don't have to
undo any screws or take anything apart at all.
See, the head of the scanner always returns to that position when you have no
adapter installed, so that you can install the set screw for transport, if
necessary. So by turning it on and waiting until it moves to the most
accessible position, you can clean it without disassembling anything.

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com

Replies: Reply from "Michael Abbott" <lists@mabot.com> (Re: [Leica] Cleaning the LS-2000 (was: Nathan's PAW 44 - Halloween))