Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Coffee
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 21:14:08 -0500

At 05:48 PM 11/7/01 -0800, you wrote:
>A number of years ago I was working in the Wilkinson Photo Products booth
>at Photokina. That was the year I bought a motor, in Bonn, for my Leica R3
>(on topic :) At the end of each day we went out to dinner. One evening, we
>went to our favorite Italian restaurant in Köln where we were well known.
>After dinner (which had plenty of wine flowing) everyone had shots of Anis
>liqueur and an espresso-cup of espresso. Dave King, sitting opposite me
>did not like espresso and I really dislike Anis. So we traded. After about
>six rounds (12 Anis' for Dave, 12 espresso's for me,) Dave was blotto and
>had to be carried out. I drove home (Hennef) about 30 minutes away. I was
>in bed by 11pm and my eyes would not shut. I had to put up the external
>window shutter as with the shutter down, it was completely black in my
>bedroom. With the shutter up, street light let my eyes see something other
>than black. I laid there until 6am, zero sleep, got up, took a semi cold
>shower, and went back to work. I was wired all day! Didn't go out that
>night, went to bed. Finally some sleep.
>
>Jim

My espresso story:  We lived in Chicago several years ago and boarded
horses on our farm there.  A horse trainer used to come by several times a
week to work with the horses and she would drop in for a cup of
coffee.  One night we had espresso instead and she loved it.  She had about
four cups and headed home.  We didn't see her for about 4 days.  When she
came back into the kitchen, she had dark circles under her eyes and said
she hadn't slept since she left four days before!  She vowed to never drink
espresso again.  I love it but only drink it when I know I'm going to be
awake for several hours.  My husband can drink a whole pot and sleep like a
baby.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com