Subject: Re: [Leica] digital
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:17:44 -0800

I got a huge digital catalog in the mail from B&H last week. It's made great
bathroom reading!
"The Digital Photography SourceBook"
All digital supposedly but it does list the Nikon and Canon lenses.
The Zeiss made in Japan Contax AF N1 system gets a prominent space as there is a
body coming out which has a full 24x36 sensor in it.
Erwin had been looking into the N1 system closely and I'm pretty hyped on it.
Just wish the lenses didn't look like third party el cheapo stuff. The finish is
a LOT worse than the way lenses from Nikon and Canon look. Let along Zeiss for
Hassy or Rollei. They look like 99 Tamrons. Only on the inside are the latest
Zeiss has to offer and Zeiss is pretty conservative with its offers usually.
When it does break away from it's decades old classics I certainly take notice!
The 645 lenses are all listed which fit the 35mm N1 system with an adaptor.
	A Tele-Apotessar T* 350 f4 for only $5795.95!

How many cameras from three different manufactures fit my old Nikon lenses?
Kodak, Fuji and Nikon all make a slew of bodies in quite a price range.

All the latest Nikon lenses are displayed with big pictures. Plus their lens
shades and filter.
Big pictures of how the CCD's are laid out.

The S3 Pro 6 megapixel Digital back for the Hasselblad and other medium format cameras.
Shoot fashion catalogs on location.
If you have to ask you can't afford it. They aren't giving you a CLUE as to what
this stuff might cost.
That's part of the digital mystique! Catalogs filled with priceless high tech
toys for your enjoyment.
Pictures of all the Lowe-Pro camera bags! With prices because they don't have
Cpu's or CCD's. Scanners and printers!
What is the world coming to.
But I'll worry more when it doesn't say digital on the cover but has all this
stuff as if this is reality..
No digital cameras for me yet. But i haven't tried sticking my face on my scanner!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/