Subject: Re: [Leica] digit stuff
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:29:54 -0800

>on 11/6/01 4:40 PM, Greg J. Lorenzo at gregj.lorenzo@home.com wrote:
>> My sentiments exactly.
>> Nothing compares with seeing you image come up in the development tray.
>> Amen!
>> Greg
>>
>> Guy Bennett wrote:
>>
>Standing in the dark, engulfed in acrid aromas watching an image immerge
>under dim yellow light is truly an experience; however, I more enjoy the
>expressions of understanding viewers with whom I have successfully
>communicated an idea through a visual medium.  It therefore makes me no
>difference wether I use a wet chemical process or an electronic process.

That's wonderful. With you so far.

>I was a very successful motion picture cameraman and when video tape
>(electronic capture) started replacing film,  I had principles.  I stood my
>ground...no inferior technology for me, I must have the superior quality of
>film.  I do not wish to continue the story, but I will say principles do
>require a great deal of spice to become eatable.

In my post I said nothing about inferior technology. On the contrary, I
said I wasn't opposed to digital photography at all, but rather that I
personally prefered working with film.

>As a hobby, please feel free to coat glass plates if you wish, but as a
>means to communicate please do not say that there is only one way to produce
>the expression of your vision.

I did not say that there was only one way to work, nor did Greg Lorenzo,
whom you also quote. You have misread my post.

>This is a Leica  group and it should stay with discussions of that subject.
>But if, as I have seen over the past, almost anything creeps into the
>discourse I see no reason not to have said my 2 cents.
>Happy snaps,
>Steven Alexander

Steven,

Your're certainly entitled to your 2 cents, but you're not entitled to
misquote me or put words in my mouth. If your response was directed at my
post, you would do well to reread it. If it wasn't, my name shouldn't have
been included in your post.

Guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] digit stuff)