Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 operating temps
From: Marty Deveney <freakscene@weirdness.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:17:43 +1000

At 09:21 AM 11/8/2001 -0800, G. Michael Paine wrote:
 >>I cannot find anyplace, i.e., the manual or Eastland's book the operating
 >>temperatures of the M6TTL. Has anyone ever seen an official statement on
 >>this matter?
 >>Michael
 >
 >Basically, when you cease to operate, so will your M6. Unless picked up
by someone who is still operational.

I have been in conditions where the sea froze, 100% analytical ethanol
froze, Nikon F90x froze (_not_ the batteries, they were under my armpit in
an off-camera pack - the shutter froze!), Leica M6 and M6 TTL worked fine,
except the meters, which stopped working because the batteries
froze.  Might I add, Nikon FM2n's and Olympus OM-1s worked well too (apart
from the meters).  This was approximately -40 C with about another 10-20
degrees wind chill.

Marty