Subject: Re: [Leica] 21/2.8 EA M
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 09:35:58 -0800

B.D.

The 21/2.8 ASPH is unquestionably a super super-wide. I'm just now scanning
some Neopan 1600 negs that I shot with that lens. Photos of a practicing
drama company practicing for a stage production. The lighting wasn't great.
A few hot spots. Not much light at times. A couple of instances with nasty
back lighting, yet no problem with flare.

I rated the Neopan at 1000 and developed 7 min Xtol 1:1. It was definately
the right stuff to use. As was the 21. However, with that lens I never seem
to get close enough. I always tell myself to move closer, and I do. Still,
it's never close enough.  The thing I really like about that lens is that
it's so versatile. I can use it close in and far away. I can use it for
architectural work or street shooting or any number of situations. I can
use it at f11 or f2.8. Great lens!

Dave