Subject: Re: [Leica] summarit 50/1.5
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:06:11 -0500

At 08:03 AM 11/10/01 -0500, Dan Post wrote:
>I had a Russian copy, albeit a rather poor one
>as far as 'sharpness' was concerned, but it was relatively contrasty, and
>only came up short when compared to the Leitz copy!!

Dan

What Russian lens was this?  The Ukrainians copied the Elmar in their FED
lenses and the Russians in the Industar line, while the Russians copied the
Sonnars in the Jupiter-8 and Jupiter-3, but I'm not aware of any SPS clone
of the Summarit.

Pray, tell me more!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315