Subject: Re: [Leica] wk44/sl/Truckstops
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:41:52 +0100

Hi Steve,

I like the main pic, but I like the alternate better. The people are out of
focus, yes, but as you say the ketchup bottle on the counter is such an
ubiquitous feature of diners that it is entirely appropriate to focus on it. And
the people are still very recognizable.

These two pictures remind me of my annual Thanksgiving trip to visit my family
in Florida during the 5 years we lived in New Jersey (1990-95). We drove the
1100 miles, starting around 10-11 p.m. so as to pass the big cities
(Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Richmond) during the night and avoid the
traffic. Breakfast was often ingested around 6 a.m. in a place just as you
depict, somewhere in one of the Carolinas.

Nathan