Subject: Re: [Leica] Release from Kodak
From: Tom Christiansen <tomchr@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:39:49 -0800

Roger,

>Is film, slide or negative, sent via UPS or any of the other carriers, less
>subject to be polluted and our images degraded or lost.

FedEx doesn't seem to nuke packages. So that should be safe. Don't know
about other companies.

>Does any of this
>apply to processed film?

Nope.

>I have heard it doesn't, however, I would assume
>that negatives and chromes might still be somewhat susceptible?

I doubt it. All the chemical process has already taken place. The film is
no longer sensitive to light (= radiation). I think the only way you can
destroy the film after it has been processed is by prolonged exposure to UV
light. That will cause  the neg/slide to fade.

Tom