Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica lenses for available light
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:08:04 -0500

I agree that Nikon and Leica make a great combination.  I'm going to shoot
the demonstrations at the G20 summit in Ottawa this weekend.  Around my
neck will be a .58 with a 3E and a motor.  On one shoulder an M6HM with a
90.  And on the other shoulder an F3HP/MD4 with a 180.  The Nikon will do
double duty as camera and blunt instrument...

As far as non-Leica available light lenses go, I've read great reviews of
that honking great 28/1.4 Nikkor.  The 28/2.0 AIS is supposed to be OK as
well.  Some Nikkors that *aren't* great available light lenses include the
50/1.4 and 1.2, the 24/2.0 (the one I had was egregiously bad) and the
35/2.0.

Frankly, IMO nothing but nothing matches the current fast Leica M lenses.
It's a fool's errand to even try :-)

Paul

http://www.chefurka.com

Replies: Reply from "George Weir" <george@georgeweir.com> (Re: [Leica] Non-Leica lenses for available light)