Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Film Loading
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:24:01 -0800

As this loading subject comes around every once in a while from new folks
I'll show you how to load it with a very easy "trick" which isn't necessary
if you follow the diagram on the base plate carefully.

Try this to save a misload, I don't do it all the time as I've loaded
umpteen thousands of rolls through my M6's to the extent one can do it
walking backwards with your eyes closed up hill on a dark and stormy night!
;-)

Take the roll of film, make a couple of small folds / crimps in the film
leader like this    .....    ______/\/\__   Then insert this crimp section
inside the spool, put base plate on and turn the rewind crank carefully as
though rewinding just to take-up the film slack, then advance a couple
frames watching that the crank turns illustrating the film has caught and
advancing.

The best way to overcome any loading grief is to take a roll and load it a
dozen or so times until it feels like second nature.  After that loading
will become easier the more rolls you load.

Quite frankly it's a piece of cake and truly quite simple.... although for
the newbie it can be frustrating. Just becareful with the first few loads
and soon you'll not have any thought about it, as it'll be as natural as
breathing.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant