Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica lenses for available light
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 08:13:38 -0500 (EST)

> From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
>
>   Some Nikkors that *aren't* great available light lenses include the
> 50/1.4 and 1.2, the 24/2.0 (the one I had was egregiously bad) and the
> 35/2.0.

how bad is the 24/2.0?  check out bottom photo of
http://www.shinozuka-family.com/wtc/wtcindex.html
note the ghastly highlights near the edges!

> Frankly, IMO nothing but nothing matches the current fast Leica M lenses.
> It's a fool's errand to even try :-)

even leitz glass that have the MTF performance against them, like the
old 35 lux, produce very pleasing images.

> Paul
>
> http://www.chefurka.com

- -rei

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Non-Leica lenses for available light)